Your email list is golden, it is not affected by any change in social media algorithms or organic reach decline, building your email list is very important for any business.
Email marketing is a powerful tool to reach your target audience, whether you’re looking to promote your latest product or service, or simply wanting to stay in touch with past and potential customers.
Building an email list can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. In this blog post, we’ll explore the top 10 ways to quickly build your email list, so you can start reaping the benefits of email marketing as soon as possible.
Why is having a large email list important?
An email list is a collection of people who have given you permission to contact them with updates, offers, and other marketing communications. This is different from a social media platform, where you are limited to communicating with your followers.
A large email list gives you the ability to reach a wider audience with your marketing messages. And because you have permission to contact these people, you’re more likely to see higher open and click-through rates than if you were to send unsolicited messages.
Plus, an email list is an asset that you own. You can continue to market to it over time, even if social media platforms were to disappear tomorrow.
What are the benefits of email marketing?
There are many benefits to email marketing, including:
– Reach a wider audience: As we mentioned, an email list is not limited by the number of followers you have. You can continue to grow your list and reach more people with your marketing messages.
– Build relationships: Email marketing allows you to build relationships with your subscribers by providing valuable content and offers. These relationships will eventually lead to increased sales and loyalty from your customers.
– Increase sales: Ultimately, the goal of email marketing is to increase sales. By building relationships and providing valuable information to your subscribers, you’ll be able to increase the likelihood that they’ll make a purchase from you.
– Save time: With email marketing, you can automate many of your marketing tasks, such as sending out automated welcome emails or promotional offers. This will free up your time so you can focus on other aspects of your business.
– Stay top of mind: Email marketing allows you to stay top of mind with your subscribers. If they see your name in their inbox on a regular basis, they’ll be more likely to think of you when they need something that you offer.
Now that we’ve gone over some of the benefits of email marketing, let’s take a look at the top 10 ways to quickly build your list.
1. Use pop-ups and exit-intent forms
Pop-ups are one of the most effective ways to grow your email list. A pop-up is a form that appears on your website, usually in the middle or bottom of the screen, and prompts visitors to enter their email address in exchange for something valuable, such as a discount code or an e-book.
You can also use exit-intent forms, which are forms that appear when a visitor is about to leave your website. These forms are effective because they capture the visitor’s attention right before they leave, and they offer something valuable in exchange for the visitor’s contact information.
2. Include a call-to-action in every blog post
A call-to-action (CTA) is a phrase or sentence that encourages your readers to take a specific action, such as signing up for your email list.
Every blog post should have a CTA that encourages readers to sign up for your email list. You can include a CTA at the beginning, end, or middle of your blog post. You can also use a CTA in your blog’s sidebar or as a pop-up.
3. Offer a freebie
People love freebies! Offering a freebie, such as an e-book, report, or template, is a great way to get people to sign up for your email list.
When you offer a freebie, be sure to clearly state what the visitor will receive in exchange for their email address. For example, you might say, “Enter your email address to receive our free e-book, How to Grow Your Email List.”
4. Use social media to promote your sign-up form
Social media is a great way to promote your email sign-up form and grow your list quickly. You can share your sign-up form on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
When you share your sign-up form on social media, be sure to use a compelling CTA that encourages people to sign up. For example, you might say, “Sign up now and get our free e-book!”
5. Run a contest or giveaway
Running a contest or giveaway is an effective way to grow your email list quickly. People love the chance to win prizes, so they’ll be more likely to sign up for your email list if you offer a prize.
When you run a contest or giveaway, be sure to promote it on social media and other channels. You can also include a CTA on your website or blog that encourages people to enter the contest or giveaway.
6. Integrate with your existing marketing campaigns
If you’re already running a paid advertising campaign, such as Google AdWords or Facebook Ads, you can use those campaigns to grow your email list.
You can do this by including a CTA in your ad that encourages people to sign up for your email list. For example, you might say, “Sign up for our email list and get 10% off your next purchase!”
7. Add a sign-up form to your website’s sidebar
Your website’s sidebar is a prime location for your email sign-up form. People are used to seeing forms in the sidebar, so they won’t be surprised or put off by it.
When you add a sign-up form to your sidebar, be sure to use a CTA that compels people to sign up. For example, you might say, “Get our latest tips and tricks delivered straight to your inbox!”
8. Use an exit-intent pop-up
As we mentioned before, an exit-intent pop-up is a form that appears when a visitor is about to leave your website. These forms are effective because they capture the visitor’s attention right before they leave, and they offer something valuable in exchange for the visitor’s contact information.
You can use an exit-intent pop-up on your website by using a tool like OptinMonster. When you use an exit-intent pop-up, be sure to use a CTA that encourages people to sign up for your email list. For example, you might say, “Before you go, sign up for our email list and get 10% off your next purchase!”
9. Add a sign-up form to your blog’s footer
Your blog’s footer is another prime location for your email sign-up form. Just like with your website’s sidebar, people are used to seeing forms in the footer, so they won’t be surprised or put off by it.
When you add a sign-up form to your blog’s footer, be sure to use a CTA that encourages people to sign up. For example, you might say, “Get our latest posts delivered straight to your inbox!”
10. Leverage partnerships and co-registrations
Partnerships and co-registrations are a great way to quickly grow your email list. When you partner with another company, you can promote each other’s products or services to your respective audiences. And when you co-register, you can offer your subscribers the chance to sign up for your email list when they sign up for another service.
When you leverage partnerships and co-registrations, be sure to use CTAs that encourage people to sign up for your email list.
By following these tips, you can quickly grow your email list and start building relationships with your subscribers.